Steven W. Watkins received his J.D. from the University of North Dakota in 1996. At the University of North Dakota he was a member of the Law Review and published an article in 1996 entitled Congressional Attempts to Amend the Clean Water Act: American Wetlands Under Attack.
Steve was admitted to the Colorado bar in 1996 and joined the firm in September 2005. Steve has extensive experience in the areas of construction contracts and litigation, banking law and litigation, real estate and general litigation.
Steve is on the Board of Directors of Senior Housing Options, Inc. a Colorado non-profit whose mission is to provide and promote quality affordable housing and services in a caring environment for older adults in Colorado. Steve has also been a member of the Board of Directors of the American Pointing Labrador Association.
Steve represents clients in both State and Federal courts, as well as various arbitration and mediation venues. He is admitted to practice in all Colorado state courts, the United States District Court and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. His legal affiliations include the Colorado Bar Association and First Judicial District Bar Association.
YEAR JOINED FIRM
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Construction Contracts and Litigation
- Construction Defects
- Banking Law and Litigation
- Real Estate Contracts for Acquisitions and Sales
- Real Estate Litigation
- Business Law and Litigation
- General Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Colorado, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- J.D - 1996
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Colorado Bar Association
- First Judicial District Bar Association
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Senior Housing Options, Inc., Board of Directors
- American Pointing Labrador Association, Member of the Board of Directors