Business Law Services From Formation To Dissolution
Forming, operating, growing and dissolving businesses require special care to minimize risks and maximize opportunities for success. The lawyers of Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., have provided legal counsel to business owners for more than 30 years. We are prepared to help entrepreneurs smoothly handle necessary tasks such as:
- Entity selection (limited liability company, C corporation, S corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship)
- Design and implementation of operating agreements, bylaws, partnership agreements, restrictions on share transfers, buy-sell agreements, and other operational or governing documents for entities
- Plans for annual, special or emergency corporate meetings
- Filing of tax entity with the state and federal governments
- Commercial real estate leases
- Liability protection for business owners and officers
We are adept at helping business owners and partners determine their precise needs and at fulfilling those needs efficiently. We value our clients’ time, investment and trust in our law firm, and we do everything that we can to earn continuation of that trust. Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., also assists nonprofit organizations with many of the same issues and processes that for-profit businesses face.
What Is Your Business’s Transition Plan?
Ideally, a business plan should determine in advance how the business’s current configuration will change someday, through:
- Business succession with family members or business partners
- Sale or merger with another business
In practice, we often assist business owners as they prepare to dissolve or engage in disputes regarding dissolution or separation. We also represent business owners or surviving family members when there was no clear succession or dissolution plan in place. We help boards of directors and management navigate the necessary processes of business reorganization, through succession, sale or dissolution.
Our attorneys represent plaintiffs and defendants in business litigation, including partnership disputes. We also handle commercial litigation between businesses or between a business and its customers or clients.