With Construction Opportunities Come Legal Challenges
Government and corporate prognosticators predict continued strength in the construction industry in the Denver metro area and beyond. Residential building permits have been rising in recent years. Opportunities abound, and so do the associated financial and legal challenges.
Construction law is full of challenges and nuances. Landowners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers for public and private construction products often require legal counsel.
Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., in Golden, has the knowledge and experience necessary to advise and represent an array of interests in construction contexts. We have built a strong reputation in this area of the law for our results-oriented, cost-effective advocacy for Colorado clients.
Comprehensive Construction Law Services
We offer a full range of legal services for our clients in the construction industry, including lenders, construction companies and their insurers. Our construction law services include the following:
- Construction contract drafting and negotiations
- Counsel and assistance with liens and claims on private and public works projects
- Counsel and assistance with mechanic’s liens and other property liens
- Representation in construction litigation, including disputes stemming from:
- Failure to pay
- Failure to perform
- Notice of claims for public works projects
- Construction defect claims under provisions of the Construction Defect Action Reform Act (CDARA)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) proceedings for construction-related disputes
Our attorneys are also often hired to work alongside insurance defense lawyers.