Probate Attorneys Ready To Assist In A Family’s Time Of Need
The ideal time to call a lawyer for help settling an estate is within a month after the death of a family member. However, it is understandable that a husband, wife, parent or child of the deceased person may feel overwhelmed by the emotional and practical aspects of a death in the family and need to cope with the loss before contacting an attorney. Whether the need to deal with an attorney is immediately upon the death of a loved one or within the months that follow, there are compelling reasons to get in touch with a probate lawyer in order to assist with many of the overwhelming decisions and logistics that come with the loss of a loved one.
At Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., we are here to provide peace of mind as well as legal advice and guidance through the probate process. Over the years, our firm has earned a reputation for compassionate, professional service designed to ease practical burdens during a family’s time of need.
We Provide Important Information When You Need It
We can provide information at the pace that family members are ready to receive it on topics such as:
- Navigating the probate proceedings with the court, whether formal or informal
- Starting and maintaining an Estate bank account to manage assets and expenses
- Creating Estate inventories
- Answer questions on the nuts and bolts of trust administration
- Managing assets including personal property, bank accounts, business interests, and real estate
- Settling disputes that may arise, such as will contests, fiduciary litigation involving trusts, business succession complications and disputes over property not specifically designated in a will
Our probate attorneys assist personal representatives (executors) and trustees in carrying out their administrative and distribution duties. We can help ensure a timely distribution of assets, with full compliance with all legal requirements, such as notifying creditors, filing death certificates and final income tax returns, and meeting probate court timelines.
Contact Our Firm About Settling An Estate Or Contesting A Will
From our office in Golden, our experienced estate planning and probate attorneys have been assisting residents of Jefferson County and surrounding areas for decades. We are well-equipped to work with you as an out-of-state personal representative responsible for administering the estate of your Colorado resident family member. To learn more about our legal services, call us at 303-552-2615 or send us an email through this website to request a consultation.