Careful Legal Guidance When Stakes Are High
A marital breakdown can be a very disorienting experience. It also brings questions that must be answered and decisions that must be made.
- If there is a prenuptial agreement, is it enforceable or might it be successfully challenged?
- How will marital property be divided?
- Is alimony/spousal maintenance applicable?
- What type of child custody arrangements will best serve the best interests of children while protecting each parent’s rights?
- In the case of a high-asset divorce, how will retirement accounts, business interests and real estate investments be allocated?
- What is fair alimony/maintenance for someone who has been dependent on a spouse throughout a long-term marriage?
- In the case of a highly contested divorce, will mediation suffice or is the divorce headed for trial?
These and related questions require careful review. An initial consultation with a lawyer at Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., can provide valuable insights. We can help you develop a plan of action that will take into account all the major factors that present themselves. Attorney Andrew Haas often serves as a family law mediator, and this experience enhances his effectiveness in advising all clients headed for divorce.
What About A Do-It-Yourself Divorce?
Some individuals or couples seek an attorney’s review of documents to proceed with uncontested divorces largely on their own. Mr. Haas can evaluate your case and determine whether your Colorado divorce is truly uncontested and, if so, what is the most economical and expedient way to proceed.
Contact Our Golden Law Firm For Advice And Advocacy
Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., offers knowledgeable counsel on property division and other aspects of divorce. Call 303-552-2615 or send an email message through this website to request a consultation with a family law attorney.