Careful Legal Guidance In Divorce When Stakes Are High
A marital breakdown can be a very disorienting experience. Filing for divorce also raises questions that must be answered and decisions that must be made. Thankfully, you don’t have to go through the divorce process alone. An initial consultation with a lawyer at Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., can provide valuable insights. We can help you develop a plan of action that will take into account all the major factors that present themselves. Attorneys Andrew Haas and Catherine Tieman often serve as family law mediators, and this experience enhances their effectiveness in advising all clients headed for divorce.
Questions And Considerations To Discuss With Your Divorce Attorney
Regardless of whether you are considering legal separation or dissolution of marriage, you likely have many questions and concerns such as the following:
- If there is a prenuptial agreement, is it enforceable or might it be successfully challenged?
- How will marital property be divided?
- Is alimony/spousal maintenance applicable?
- If you have a minor child or children, what type of child custody arrangement will serve their best interests while protecting each parent’s rights?
- In the case of a high-asset divorce, how will marital assets like retirement accounts, business interests and real estate investments be allocated?
- What is fair alimony/maintenance for someone who has been dependent on a spouse throughout a long-term marriage?
- In the case of a highly contested divorce, will divorce mediation suffice or is the case headed for trial?
We will take the time to answer all of your questions, learn about your needs and goals and choose the most appropriate strategy for your individual case. We will advocate for you and your children at all stages of the legal process.
What About A Do-It-Yourself Divorce?
Some individuals or couples seek an attorney’s review of documents to proceed with uncontested divorces largely on their own. Mr. Haas and Ms. Tieman can evaluate your case and determine whether your Colorado divorce is truly uncontested and, if so, what is the most economical and expedient way to proceed. He can also answer questions you may have about Colorado divorce laws and practical matters like the divorce petition and filing fees.
Contact Our Golden Law Firm For Advice And Advocacy
Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., offers knowledgeable counsel on property division and other aspects of divorce. Call 303-552-2615 to request a consultation with a family law attorney.