Comprehensive Estate Planning Services
New clients seeking estate planning services from Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., often say they want to help their heirs (beneficiaries of their wills and trusts) to avoid probate. Avoiding probate is part of the discussion that goes into a comprehensive initial consultation with our estate planning clients.
Estate planning involves more issues than wills and probate. A complete estate plan is likely to include most or all of the following:
- A simple or complex will
- One or more trusts (such as a revocable living trust, a charitable remainder trust, a special needs trust or a generation-skipping trust), likely built into a will
- Powers of attorney, such as medical power of attorney or durable power of attorney
- Health care directive
With decades of experience practicing law in Golden, our law firm is well-equipped to help clients design and implement complete estate planning solutions. Our clients soon come to realize that estate planning is not about death; rather, it is about prior arrangements that can save living family members and other beneficiaries vast sums of money as well as anguish and trouble. Estate planning helps keep assets in the family or designated per the wishes of the decedent.
Find The Plan That Fits Your Needs
As is appropriate, we help clients customize documents to suit their circumstances and goals for their final legacies.
- For young parents, a will should include an expression of preference regarding who would serve as a guardian or guardians of minor children should the parents pass away. While such statements are not ironclad guarantees of who would take custody of children after the death of the parents, they do carry weight in guardianship hearings.
- For business owners, large or small, we advise on business succession plans and how those plans may intersect with provisions of a will or trust.
- For individuals or couples with prenuptial or postnuptial agreements, we can help ensure that provisions of those agreements do not conflict with provisions of a will or trust.
- We can assist clients who wish to customize wills and health care directives to include particulars, such as funeral and burial preferences, factors to consider during a medical crisis and other individual concerns.
Contact An Estate Planning Lawyer In Golden
The Colorado attorneys at Bradley Devitt Haas & Watkins, P.C., provide preliminary and comprehensive consultations. Call 303-552-2615 or contact us by email. You may also wish to review our answers to some frequently asked questions about estate planning.